Call for Speakers
Our call for speakers is now closed. Thank you for your submissions - we’ll be in touch as soon as we’ve assembled the team to sift through your entries!
Our focus for this year’s tech conference is around Security and Hacking.
Deadline for submissions is midnight on May 25th (extended) 29th 2019
- You don’t need to have spoken at a conference before
- We welcome non-technical talks, but our focus is science / tech / engineering / art / math (STEAM)
- Returning speakers are welcome
- You can submit multiple talks
- If you have a talk that isn’t security focused - submit it anyway! We have 3 tracks of talks to fill, plus monthly meetups, so we need your submissions!
Example talk titles to get you thinking: “Will quantum computers break encryption?” “How to keep wordpress sites safe from hackers” “How to do cloud deployment securely” “Accepting user input - coding defensively” “Hacking smarthome devices” “Top 10 tips for stopping cyber-crime”
Check out the talks we had last year. This year, successful applicants will receive
- Free entry to the conference
- An invitation to the pre-conference VIP dinner
- Support for all speakers (including first timers) to perfect their presentations
- Subsidised travel and accomodation costs*
- Access to the speaker green room on the day, with quiet areas for working
- Social media shout outs and a profile on our website
*Subject to approval. Unfortunately we can not cover overseas travel expenses.